Sunday, February 12, 2012

Machame camp to Shira Camp: Recap

The elevation gain between these camps was ~2600 feet (Machame: 9843 feet; Shira: 12, 467 feet), over approximately 6 miles.  It took approximately 5-6 hours including lunch break (we liked to take our time).  The majority of the elevation gain occurred in the first 3 miles over a steep, rocky hike.  Fortunately, the path was dry... with rain, I imagined the slippery rocks would have made this part of the hike a bit challenging.

This happened to be the warmest day of our hike (still relatively low elevation) with temperatures reaching 70-80 degrees F (~25 degrees C).  This cooled rapidly later in the afternoon as the clouds moved in (temperature dropped 10 to 20 degrees F)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll immediately grasp your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me understand in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

Feel free to visit my web blog; kitchen in northern virginia

April 02, 2013 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home